Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Road Trippin'




Andrew and I took off for a crazy weekend road trip to South Carolina to visit the Axtell family. I met Aimee and Michael in Regensburg, Germany on my mission. Michael was working for Siemens at the time and they'd moved there for a bit. We had some good times together and now's the first time in forever that I got to see them, and their 3 kids. Aimee was pregnant with the oldest one when she was in Germany, so it was good to finally meet the kids. We only got to spend a day with them before we had to drive back to Philly for work. But it was definitely worth the 1300-mile trip.

So I used to live in Virginia, but never really ventured further south, but we saw some great signs along the way and here are some of the best of them for your viewing pleasure.



Guess they come in all sizes in the Carolinas, big, tall, short, small, 12XL, size 84!!!! There aren't really any people that are size 84 are there?



Unfortunately we saw this one too late, but it says: It's your choice... and the tree's covering up a picture with clouds and the word HEAVEN, and you can see the other choice...



Pretty much any store called Booty Brothers is a store for me.



You know when you're in North Carolina tobacky country...






And my personal favorite, who wouldn't want to eat there!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love signs and billboards in the South! When our youngest brother and his wife lived in TN we saw the BEST signs- lots of Baptist guilt trips. Not to mention Christian theme parks and such. There's just nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete