Monday, May 23, 2011

HRH in CORK

For Avery Kate's 2-month birthday, HRH Queen Elizabeth the II decided to visit Cork. It was the last day of her historic first visit to Ireland and the activities of the first three days had gone well, despite the protests and controversy. The atmosphere in Cork was way more relaxed and they were encouraging people to come out and see the Queen. Cork had been getting a bit of a makeover in preparation for her visit. Did you know Cork is the City of Welcomes?





Avery Kate was obviously impressed by the Queen's visit...

Anyway, there were so many people there I had to go back up and get a stool to stand on so I could see, and then I had to lift up my camera above my head as high as I could to get any pictures, and I think I ended up with some amazing shots of the Queen. Haha.


Grand Parade



Exiting the English Market



This one would've been perfect if I could've seen what I was shooting, this is when she waved to our crowd before getting into her car.


Getting into her car


Even the horses have eye shields.


The massive TV screen on Patrick Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment