Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wesht Cork

2 months at Bantry General Hospital. I had never been to Bantry before so we were going in blind, but we found a place to live for 2 months and moved out of the old house and before we knew it, 2 months was up and we were moving into a new house in Cork.  But Bantry was good fun, the hospital was nice and I got a good deal of experience there.  My consultant was great, he was German and living the life, he only works 6 months a year and the rest of the time he sails. Who wouldn't like that life? But he taught me things and we got on great so it was a good two months.  I also had a bit of celebrity exposure when Maureen O'Hara (The Quiet Man, The Parent Trap) came to the hospital, she lives nearby in Glengarriff, I think she was only visiting someone but my Consultant knew who she was and said hello.

It's a really pretty area of Ireland and we did a bit of exploring but I still want to see more. But here are some photos:











2 comments:

  1. Those are some pretty cool outfits Avery puts together...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want a life like that... 6 months working.. 6 months playing. Hum.. how to get that?

    I love your family picture :)

    ReplyDelete