Thursday, August 22, 2013

Catch up

Well, looks like I haven't posted in a bit...so this will be a massive catch up with photos.  Things have definitely changed in the past year.  I finished Intern year and got some really good experience, I loved most of my rotations, Neurology, Bantry, Maxillofacial Surgery, Colorectal Surgery and Plastic Surgery, did not enjoy the Endocrinology/GI rotation, but the rest were good and I was so happy to be done with Intern Call, that was definitely not fun, but I learned a lot.  I then took a 6 month stand-alone SHO job in Radiation Oncology.  I learned a lot, met some really good people and realised that it is pretty much impossible for me to get a Rad Onc Residency in the States unless I take a year out to do purely Rad Onc research and even then it would be really hard.  So now I'm left with the dilemma, career field or location. I could stay in Ireland and do Rad Onc or I could choose another field and go back to the States.  Decisions, decisions.  Andrew's still working and gaining experience at the Nursing Home.  Avery's 2 now and talking our ears off.  And we welcomed daughter number 2 to the family.  So here's a quick catch up in photos of the past year. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment